Spiritdoll Physalia and a Petit Four

Spiritdoll always makes lovely tall girls, and now they have come out with a sort of "Corpse Bride" Physalia. Her full set is so pretty--

Check out her "skull head" photos! Here's her measurements and what is included:

You probably need to go to the home page to see "Meow", I suspect it is a little cat figure.
Meanwhile I am still wresting with Hexagon--I managed to make a petit four,which at the moment looks a lot like a washing machine because I have not figured out how to really reinforce the box corners enough to do the rough texture of the cake with displacement--the computer wants to pull the corners out and break the box. Making the texture with polygons would mean having ten thousand polygons in a mere petit four instead of the human you would want to go with it. Other programs like Z brush seem to be able to make this more organic geometry and then optimize it, but I have Hexagon, which was free.
 Le Petit Four:


Still a way to go before I can make them look like the Land o Lakes recipe cakes, which have translucency!

But I think I know how to make the plate...

Comments

  1. have you tried this? https://www.blender.org/ I haven't so not sure how it compares to hex (which drives me bonkers)? it's also free...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blender has more features--eventually I will shift to it, but I figured the simpler, dumber Hex was a good way to get started. I've heard the latest build of Blender is pretty stable, and there are tons of videos for training. But it's also more challenging!

      Delete
  2. yeah I have a friend who loves blender so much she gave up zbrush. something about hex - it's just not that intuitive for me. so many things to learn! I should just wait for a reliable and affordable 3d scanner. ;D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment