I Am A Twitter Fail

I have a Twitter account. I know people grumble about Twitter, but I have to say I like it, or at least the feed that I had built following some journalists and authors, as well as a pack of my fellow IAAA members. But I got up last Friday and tada! "Your account is suspended". Well. I am assuming it was because I was enjoying the platform too much and over re-tweeting (unlike Tumblr, Twitter doesn't want you to retweet too much?) But it doesn't say *how much* in the TOS, and no one has gotten back to me about my trouble ticket. So it's a mystery. I guess I will just have to sit over here with Laura Loomer and all the other oddballs who have been kicked off. It's not really a big deal, except that I met some really fun people and I even bought some author's books (Elizabeth Bear's Ancestral Night, which I thought was so much fun--big space opera with very likeable characters).

Anyway, I put up something on my dusty Instagram instead. :D

Comments

  1. I think my mistake was telling someone on Twitter that their post about Joe Biden was designed to suppress the black vote, but I was unfailing polite to everyone. (My real name was on the account.) Subsequently to me writing a letter on pink glitter paper to Twitter Inc, I am now permanently suspended--though there is no specific rule against glitter paper, someone really did not like it. Or perhaps it was my comment that perhaps I would add higher quality content than OJ Simpson, but whatever :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment