Cyber Dresses

 


Pixeluna and Shadownet, my talented Renderosity friends, just finished a new clothing model for Daz's Genesis 8 figure. It can be animated, so they named it Soft Winds-- as the drape can blow around if you want it to. I have had a lot of fun making an add-on set for it, since I learned how to make things glow in Daz Studio! The trick is to put your grayscale mask in the slot next to the Emission slider, and then change the Luminance Units from the default to the MUCH BETTER Kcd/m^2 . Who knew? This is the setting that actually works to make lights, instead of the default. No, I don't know why. Your Emissive value becomes the color of the light--3000 units is more reddish/yellow, 6000 and up become more blue-white. if you look in the render settings under Filtering you can add a Bloom filter to make it blow out, too :D

(The background here was designed by Fabiana Kofman --FKDesigns, or fabiana on Renderosity). it's a mirrored floor and a transparent curved background prop, with a HDR painted dome texture that also provides some light --I added a spotlight here.

Anyway, besides doing 3d texturing I have been spring cleaning. It's amazing how fast stuff piles up here--I had reached the point where I either needed to buy another bookcase, which I would rather not, or pass along some books; so I dusted and stacked and packed some boxes for other people. Temporarily there is room on the bookcase. And yes, I went through the cds and even though I subscribe to a streaming service, there is some stuff that is hard to find that I still have on cd.



One of the other bookcases is sorted except for the bottom shelf, and the third one is partially sorted. We won't speak of what is downstairs. Or on the porch :D



Comments