The Frog Bar

Not much got done this weekend. We looked at houses, which was depressing, and then went to Hugo's Frog Bar, which is a chain that serves drinks, fish,.. and frog legs. I was tempted by the frog legs (I like them) but I decided to get a fish taco. I have had frog legs before but never a fish taco, and it was great. This bronze frog-thing was on the side of the restaurant. I understand the martini in the frog's hand, and the steak/potato/asparagus thing, but the frog seems to also have some kind of plumbing attached to a lotus. I think I would have designed a different support, like a chair, but this is what they got.
On the other corner of the restaurant was the goddess of recycling. Who knew? She's a scary woman.

Comments

  1. Don't despair housewise. I cried the first time we went houselooking when we were leaving La Mirada, but eventually we found the right place. And I'm surprised that you never had a fish taco before - but you don't live in Southern California, and that makes a difference. I had my first fish taco about 8 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you can get awesome fish tacos in LA from some roving food truck, I wish I could remember the name for you, but they were in Santa Monica/Westwood area. There are plenty of nice houses here-- they are just all one million dollars (say this with a pinky in the corner of your mouth) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing that made me cry were that the San Fernando Valley houses that were too expensive for us were *not* nice.

      Delete
  3. There were a couple of nasty ones here that were real bargains, but you got "bats" as a Gift-with-purchase.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment