Cards from Sicktress (The Arcana Tarot) and a Card from my Bros

This elegant tarot deck was a gift from Sicktress, and is made by Nix Hydra. Like most independent decks, the quality is superb--smooth coated cards with gold edging:

The cards are a mix of anthropomorphic animals for the Majors, and regular animals for the Minor Arcana (if you count "Dragons" as regular animals) :D. The colors are gorgeous!

The Fool is the blank card you see at the bottom, and the backs are not really reversible--the heart is the giveaway, but since it's at the center of the card, it's possible to pull cards without looking at the center of them. Both sides of the cards have gold details!

Another look at the Majors--the top row is Strength, the Hermit, The Empress, and the Emperor. Second row is the Chariot, the Fool again, the Magician, and the High Priestess. (I love the Fox as the Magician, since he can be a con man too :D.) The owl is so perfect as the High Priestess.

Still more Majors--the cat as the Star is just the cutest thing!

These are some of the Minor Arcana, the Cups are fish, fancy bettas, and the Queen is an octopus and the King a shark. The Pentacles are rats, with the court cards other small mammals, and the Swords are Dragons:

The Wands are snakes, which kind of makes sense :D. It's not an easy deck to read if you are a beginner, but it does work off the Waite/Coleman-Smith images if you look closely enough, and any Little White book will help you out if you can't remember what the Minor card that you are looking at means. (The deck is a standalone deck, so you will need a support book or a tarot site to help you out if you need references). These cards are just a pleasure as art pieces, and I am so happy to have this deck, since I probably would never have found it on my own!
                                                       ---------------------------------
I also had a card sent to me by my brother and brothers-in-law and it's just the best--I adore pop up cards anyway and this one is...a cake shop!

Looking down from above (and closer to the real colors):

So cool!!

I also had my "real" keyboard come today, a standard USB keyboard with a metal base and mechanical keys. It is awesome, but it came in a laptop box, which made me worry for a few minutes that Best Buy had sent me the wrong thing. I think what happened was that they were out of boxes from Black Friday. If I were the postal carrier this sticker would be a little alarming, but I think it is for a laptop battery:

It's like a tiny version of The Tower :D


Comments