Critter Cam Update, Naperville Doll Show




This is much further away from the house, and the animals seem a lot more relaxed; so I will probably keep the camera out there. J made a stand for the camera so it can be moved around more easily than the fiberglass urn that it was on before, too. Here are a couple of photos from Saturday night:
A mouse:


A pretty good skunk photo!


I'm hoping to get the fox again--I can see the prints in the snow where they like to travel, so I will put the camera near the prints and cross my fingers.

___________________________________________________________________________


The doll show was, as usual, a lot of fun. It was also super crowded this year, so it was a little harder to paw through tupperware than in previous years--I still found a lot of inexpensive clothes and three pair of minifee shoes, which was great (especially at 3.00 a pair).

I saw a vendor (verisariod at gmail) who makes comissioned miniatures of all kinds of things. The business card is a bit blurry and the photo isn't great, but the minis were superb:

"Les Petites Faux"--I couldn't find an etsy with that name-- but the search function in etsy isn't that great. Most of what Deborah makes is Barbie scale...sort of 1/4? Suitable for msds and Tonners. I did see some older Tonners on display and I was a little disappointed to see the tan skins on the dolls had definite greening problems; whatever red tint Tonner uses seems to be "not lightfast."

This is Karla Moreland, who runs the show, and Mischa on her right, who has an AMAZING doll collection: not just bjds. He also does appraisals at the show.


Reborns being rehomed. These guys definitely fall into the "uncanny valley" for me. The one on the left looks crabby.



A fish in a tub--it's not a Steiff, though it looks like one. I just thought it was a cute display, and it gives you a good idea of how crowded most of the displays are. It's easy to miss good stuff!

So it was a fun day!

Comments