After The Doll Show


 The Naperville Doll Show was on! We all wore masks, but we could sit, vaccinated, in the lobby and drink Starbucks and pretend it was all normal. And I bought some things--most of the lace and fabric on the left is for Cat; the dress was probably from some unfortunate Chinese porcelain doll, and the tiny clothes on the right ..might..fit my Nanuri Fairyland girl on her small Moe body. Since they were a dollar apiece, I thought it was worth a try. There was a plastic futuristic rifle for Rain to shoot mutant giant bugs with, a tarot card box, and some silk flowers. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN. (I also bought a wig from Akutenshi, not shown here, but I will take photos for a later post.)

The dark blob on the right is actually a hat--there is a vendor at the show that always has a display of perfect little doll hats, and I try to buy one just to support her. I have made human hats for a small Renaissance Faire and it's a lot of work--and crushing if no one buys them! And they are really well made. Here is Sophie modelling her new hat--I think she would like a matching outfit now. :o


Sophie is a Soom Beryl, and her head is modelled after the American model Devon Aoki. (Aoki actually smiles, though). I do love Beryl's pout, though.

Meanwhile, I have been cleaning the porch and the basement, and doing some tidying and inventory, which means occasional stops to do some doll thing. I made Erzulie a statement necklace from a heart I found in a craft supply box:



You can see it a bit better in the second photo, as well as the hat Eden Carnes made for my Wizard. It's made of felted wool and has as much personality as a doll, it's just the greatest thing :D Erzulie is a Impldoll Bella, I think, on a Resinsoul body dyed by Sicktress, facup by Chalyss. Wizard Sebastian is a Luts Summery free head I think from 2018 or so, I'd have to check his box. He's also painted by Sicktress.

Finally, I had decided that I should get a more modern body for my Souldoll Shiva, and I found one from the same seller that I bought the first body from, and it was a great price! AND THEN THE MINX SENT THE HEAD TOO. noooooooo hehe! And of course the head gets to keep the body--she is a Souldoll Swinte and well, look for yourself. She's not sharing anything:


So a new doll...and I really can't complain, at all. But wait there is more!! Akutenshi brought back the Vera body I gave her WITH A NEW HEAD. It's a Sartoria J Yvonne, and I think it must have been sculpted by the Iplehouse house sculptor because it looks like Stella with a bit more sass. It's such a fun sculpt!!


Faceup is by Lisa Jameison (Pepstar), and I think this is the same actual doll head as the one below:



Mine has that tiny mole as well, and now different eyes, but by coincidence I bought that trim that is on Yvonne's dress at the doll show --so it looks like she is going to get an Italian Renaissance dress of some kind.

I have the most amazing friends <3 

 

Comments