Jeline's Dress Done

 

It's got both sleeves! And a skirt hook, a snap and a back lacing :D


Everything except the corset is just shaped flat rectangular pieces, which for a professional tailor they would be fast and easy to make. The length of the skirts, ungathered, were about 180 cm long. The "sleeves" would have taken me about 5 minutes if I hadn't needed to do a bit of needle lace to hook together the two sides of the lace rectangles. A pleater would make all those gathers faster than me doing them by hand, too, and many of them were already part of the nightgown I cut apart. My biggest mistake was sewing together the two layer of the skirt--they would have worked better as two separate skirts, with the underskirt gathered into a flat panel. My next one will be much better :D Now the hard part will be to figure out who needs clothes next (not the guys, they look fine). It's hot here, after all.

Jeline will lend this out for a photo shoot for Sophie, the hooved Beryl, but it's Jeline's dress.

(Beryls aren't really into sharing XD )


Comments

  1. Wooohooo!!! that looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And of course Sophie is RIGHT NOW wearing Jeline's dress so eventually I need to sew another one 0.o hehe!

      Delete

Post a Comment