Jointy Hands

I traded for some Soom male jointed hands; they were meant for the Mecha Angels--but I think they are the same size as the hands for the Soom 2016 body, which is what I wanted to put them on. But ugh, unassembled. There were directions, though:

Actually the directions were pretty helpful. They say to cut the elastic on the diagonal and then put a drop of glue on the tip to stiffen it (I used Aleens Tacky Glue because I knew I was going to get my fingers stuck if I used SuperGlue.)


I also used a bit of monofilament to pull the elastic through the really tight spots on the middle finger joints. I started at the pinky end with the smallest holes and worked my way around to the larger holes of the thumb, because it gets harder the shorter the elastic gets. I also used a hemostat to hold the "loose" end of the elastic while I worked. IT STILL TOOK FOUR HOURS. But it was worth it to have my carpenter be able to move his fingers on his nice new Super Gem body!



Comments

  1. Is that Rain? Whatever his name, he's my favorite of all your dolls. I have no idea why - he's much simpler than most, and doesn't look like he has a big story. I just really like him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is Rain! I am so amazed you remembered him! He's taller now so he's more the right size next to Bryan the Moose :D (He's the same body as your Tremo now). Now his pants are a little small--I need to adjust them a little because he can't sit. I can relate :D

      Delete

Post a Comment