Layla and Isa

Isa has an overdress now, I am still working on the underskirt and corset..and the wig. The wig still has a tendency to want to slide backwards off her head. I really like that Dollshe body, it's a shame they are so expensive! Maybe I can hit one of Mr. Dollshe's sales some time.

And here is the Ashanti I promised pix of--she needs her own wig, her face up finished (it got cold suddenly and I need to spray seal what I have) and restrung to be a little tighter. I also need to get one of her elbow pieces out of the upper arm, it seems to be stuck. Otherwise I am so happy with her--I never know with Iplehouse dolls if I am going to like a sculpt until I have it in hand, and this is a good one. Lots of expressions possible with different angles :D

Update--I found a tool to unstick the elbow piece:


And now, restrung, a different wig, and able to fully pose both arms!




Comments

  1. I mercilessly masking tape under all my doll's wigs, but you could try putting some thin elastic through some loops maybe on the wig cap? That last picture looks so cute. I always like people's photos better than the company ones at IPH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elastic is such a good idea--I dunno why it didn't occur to me to put some in there, because it would be relatively easy to stitch it on. And that would help tremendously!
      I like photos at home too--you can see what the doll really looks like, I think! Ashanti looks grumpy at Iplehouse, but she really isn't :D

      Delete

Post a Comment