New Iplehouse Doll

Yes, those are Iplehouse Ashanti feet--the problem with my selling dolls is that suddenly there is money in the PayPal account, and there are dolls with problems for sale on the MP. In this case Miss Ashanti really had only one problem, a ding in her back, some minor issues like replacement hands, no head plate (but a certificate and a pedigree) and then courtesy of the Post Office, broken foot hooks. So I have fixed those and she is now all in one gorgeous piece. Photos tomorrow. I actually have been doing a lot of doll stuff, including working on Pele and her opposite Isa. Isa is a Sicktress Deesse in gray, and I finally found a body I liked for her and I have been sewing for her, trying to get her and Pele ready for a Halloween meetup.

Meanwhile, Iplehouse has issued a new doll, this time an EID girl:

She is Leda, of Being-Really-Too-Much-Of-A-Swan fan fame, with gorgeous "Greek" robes and jewels. I think the Greek Gods theme is awesome, but I would like a more aggressive face up and perhaps a little quirkier sculpt--but I suppose as Helen of Troy's mom she would look sort of bland princessy. She reminds me a little of the Vanessa sculpt, and her head seems a tiny bit small for the husky EID body. I hope they do more theme dolls--maybe Hecate for Halloween? Because that would be awesome and they could reuse Carina :D

Thanks to Akutenshi for spotting Leda!

Comments