Goldfinch, Souldoll Serena and Coral

 Goldfinches blend amazingly well for a bright yellow-and-black bird! This was the female of the pair that visit our yard, the male is even brighter in color. They love the echinacea seeds.

I don't remember if I posted a photo of my Souldoll Serena after I got her back from Angeltoast (I think I did,) but here she has a wig made by Akutenshi and I think it suits her:

And I found a top by Sewing Box Designs that I think everyone has worn (it's more or less Iplehouse Senor Doll size, so it fits a lot of my dolls). I like it a lot on Coral--Coral is a Soom Migma Human head on the Mirodoll body that Sicktress made. The top has a matching skirt but Coral's waist is waaaay smaller than any Iplehouse girls, so I need to make her a skirt from similar materials so it will match.

That bead trim is the bomb :D

One of the things I did this weekend (besides laundry) was to grind down the neck of an Iplehouse SID body, so it could take my Granado Anne head. It was a godawful job that included a coping saw, a dremel, eye protection, full face mask--and when I was done, a complete clothing change and shower and rolling up all the paper I put down ahead of time. The dremel throws plastic everywhere and the smell, even through a mask, is pretty rank--and I had windows open and 2 fans going. I also tried to do a little a first and the neck was still too long, so I needed to saw off about a centimeter with the coping saw before I even really started to shape the top with the dremel. You just have to steel yourself to the fact you are removing about 100--150 of the value of the body by doing this, but I liked how this body posed, the color match was perfect, and I had both the flat feet and the heel feet and jointed hands that fit it, so it was worth the hassle. I'll post up pix of Anne tomorrow.

 I have one more SID body I need to do, but I have to dye it first because the color has faded very noticeably on the legs and neck (it was living in Malaysia, and the heat and the sunlight really worked it over. the upside was that the seller was super nice and the body cost me around 100 *with shipping*--and it works fine!) I will probably go for a light tan and dye the Galena head I have to match, though I also found a Granado Venus head that I should try on there as well.

Comments