Madame Pele and an Arm or Two

So here are the arms--they are coming along. I am not sure if I should leave the "rivet holes " on the Automail arm as is, or make little "screwheads" to fit in them Both arms work ok and the places that would wear, like the shoulder and elbow, I left bare; so they won't chip. Since the hands are dyed, they should be OK too. Hopefully I can spray them tomorrow while it is dry, and get a good seal on the acrylic paint. I have some great wolfie fabric and possibly some coppery lining fabric to make a cloak as well.

While I was waiting for the paint to dry on the arms, I worked on the Iplehouse Aaliyah--it seemed like a shame to take off her candy makeup, but I finally did. I also modded her fangs to be less cartoony large, though I think I want to still mod her left fang a bit more to make it smoother. It turns out that the xacto is a better modding tool than the dremel since the dremel kicks up so much dust it's hard to see what you are doing, or control it. To review, her original faceup:

Here's where I stripped off the paint and attempted some paperclay mods. Paperclay just fell off afterwards, sadly :D


Here's the painted face with the new tooth mods:


Now I have a start on her "real" wig as well:


I still have a problem of "Wat do" with her cute Decora-style hands--they
are so well done, it feels like vandalism to clean them; so I will either 
make some of my own or purchase another set-- maybe jointed ones.



Comments