Pele Progress

Sicktress sent the plumeria/puka shell bracelet, it's so pretty! Sicktress is a sweetie :D Here is the fabric I am working to get made into a dress..it's going sloooowly:

The long piece is acrylic yarn over nylon net. I wish now I had used embroidery thread on fabric, for better drape, but it's interesting on it's own. It's supposed to be lava running into the ocean, or a somewhat abstract version of that. It will just loop on like a demented scarf.

I have to take photos of what Rajendora sent me--super cute clothes! I am behind in everything at the moment. I have spent too much time writing stern notes to Congress, which does nothing-- but makes me feel slightly better.

Comments

  1. That looks fabulous! I kept wondering if Pele was "that Pele" and she is really looking the part! I think the acrylic gives it that stiffer slow moving lave look they have in Hawaii. I love the pillow lave at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is that Pele! I think lava is awesome though I would hate to have it in my backyard. I have kind of junked up the pillow lava by putting beads over it because I am nuts for beads. I should work more on the "regular sewing part" which I don't like doing as much :D

      Delete

Post a Comment