Buff's Custom Necropiper

He's for sale on Den of Angels (search for Buff in the full-size category) She wrote about how he is put together:

Description:
This is the showpiece for my display at the DragonCon Art Show, last year. He is the culmination of months of work! The head is sculpted by me, and it matches excellently to the white skin SOOM Jack fantasy body, though you can only see a small part of the actual body while he is fully clothed. I only made ONE of this head in White, so he is the only one that can possibly be made like this. His hands and legs have been painted in 3 different shades to produce a really living effect on the fantasy parts. His skull helm has been painted gold to take on the role of a crown. Everything about him is entirely custom. He has clear glass red eyes that can be lit from within. It is fairly easy to do. You remove the faceplate and the switch is hidden on the inside of the head. Then you put the faceplate back on. The eyes are lit with an LED, so the battery life is extremely long, and can easily be replaced if they run out. You need only replace the battery. There are magnets on the inside of his headcap that the horns in the helm attach with, so when he's all together, he is very ssecure. His body is entirely glue sueded and heavily wired, to be very stable. The armor is all leather, and all hand-tooled by myself in the scale pattern, then custom dyed to green, again by myself. The royal necklace is from a trip to Ireland, and actual gold plated. The under tunic is made of a 'hide-like' fabric, that will age very well. His pants are simple, stretchy, and CANNOT BE REMOVED without taking off his legs. This was the only way to make them snug, with a doll with fantasy feet. I put him in the pants first, then strung his lower legs. His cape is hemmed like the wings of a dragon and it is detatchable for both a formal and 'ready to murder' look. He also has a 'Royal Walkway' display stand that is meant just for him. It will need to be shipped separately.

I cannot stress enough that shipping will be significant. He absolutely MUST be well-protected and though I have transported him in the SOOM box, I do not feel comfortable shipping him in just that. I would like to put him in a larger box that would allow me to cocoon the feet to prevent breakage. The doll stand will also require being shipped in its own box, to remain relatively upright.

Alternatively, I am happy to meet you if you live within a couple hours of me.

TONS MORE PICTURES available on request. I also have pictures of his creative process and will be including his 'how I made this' picture book, as well as a certificate of authenticity.

Included in sale:
Custom doll, outfit, stand


Jack as a Soom doll is pretty rare, so he's even nicer with Buff's custom head.
If you are not on Den of Angels, her website is:
http://www.buffdolls.net/

Comments