The Naperville Doll Show

This dress came from the show and cost one dollar--and it fits pretty well! A bit loose in the waist, but not so much that a belt won't fix it. Here is another little thing I found at the show (this set I paid full price for, but I liked it a lot:

Normally this Magic Mirror girl runs around in a tiny bikini, but it's a little cold for that right now. There were pants as well but I liked the tights with the top.

Here is the rest of the dollar haul--some will go to Cat:

I did take a couple of photos at the show--they never come out too well (the light is dim and the vendors kind of frown on it). But here is a cool felt old-time Felix the Cat:

A group of girls that look like they are saying "You came to the wrong neighborhood"...

A small Satanic Circle of kewpies (?)

Some of the displays were so great, with antique lace, hatboxes, fancy screens and non-doll props--they really did beg to be photographed, but they will have to wait for when I finally do get a smartphone and can do it a little more discreetly. On vendor told me it took her five hours to set up four tables and I believe it--it was like an antique store shop window. I did take a photo of her sign:

Here's a funny little sourpuss in a cheery flower outfit--I think he's just not feeling it..

It's like they shrank WC Fields and stuffed him in a fairy costume. There was a ton of dolls that made me laugh, but I also spent a lot more time digging in bins than sneaking photos. Here's another pic of the haul, including on the left a whole bag of decent thread for 5.00:

The magnificent little shoes were a gift from Akutenshi. I think several dolls will fight over who gets them. :D I wish I had felt more up to staying longer, but I am still a little run down from the stupid cold and the fact that it is definitely winter here. It was zero when I got out of the car at the show and instantly ice crystals formed in my nose, which is an interesting feature of Midwestern winters :p

Here's Carissa's dress full-length:

You can barely see her blue hooves. :D

Comments

  1. The mechanical doll sounds cool! I think it was colder at your sisters than here--luckily we have a lot of snow to cushion the plants, but here comes 50 degrees and rain on Monday, so everyone will be baling out water from their basements. It's never a dull moment here :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment