Marzipan, Mittens and Budget Tarot

My brother sent me these and it was very timely and appreciated, as we were caught by surprise by the sudden arctic chill here. We had to shovel snow before Thanksgiving-- and this was after having snow in *April*.


I have found the perfect shoveling gloves--you can't wear regular gloves when it's in the teens, unless you wear mittens on top of them. I have a pair of beautiful hand-knit mittens but they are wool and not replaceable so for shoveling, I wear these. They dry fast and are machine washable:


Flap in action:

And since I was inside, and on the Internet, I saw that ...Target.com has tarot cards. In coloring book form, so I ordered them. The art is great! And uncredited BOO



The paper is about as heavy as a birthday card, so you might want to laminate them; it's the full 78 cards-- and I think even with shipping it was 11.00? But now I am torn about using them, because this is one of those things that ends up being valuable, because who buys tarot cards from Target? I only found them by accident. I might have to find a clear archival storage bag to put them in to keep them dust free and nice.

Comments