Orchids


I finally bought an orchid. I have been resisting for years, because I am pretty sure I don't really like orchids, it's just some genetic quirk, like the yarn. And once you get one, it uses some kind of mind control to make you buy more. (Much like dolls). However, this was a cheap one, only 10.00 instead of the usual 25, and the label assures me it is "easy to grow". Since I have no problem getting any kind of weird tropical thing to grow in the house, I'm guessing the orchid will do ok. I'm just waiting for the mind control to begin. My brother-in-law, who lives in Houston, wrote a note saying that one of his orchids has bloomed, and oh, by the way, the oak tree fell into the master bedroom in the last storm... but the plants were ok.

Comments

  1. You can counter the orchid mind control by convincing yourself that there is only one shelf in your house where the orchids will prosper. The shelf will get crowded, but you can only get 4 happy orchids on even a really big shelf. Ask me how I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep that in mind! I suspect the new house might have an ideal spot for them on the kitchen table though, and it's pretty large. I think it will become an orchid and cat shelf so they can both look outside. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment