A Can and a Corset


I got a couple of wonderful things in the mail today, one of them being the patterns for a set of Victorian underwear by Truly Victorian. I needed the corset so I could fit into the pattern for one of their 1880s dresses properly, and because I find them comfortable if they are laced for support and not for waist shaping. I've made them before, but not an authentic one, so we will see how it goes. Also, since I lack servants I am going to make it a front-laced corset. Here's the back:

The other thing that came today was a bright red rollaway, for the carpet and the old pond liner and a lot of lumber and brush and some stuff of Ed's and Tony's, since I doubt I can fill an entire 20 yard can by myself. Ordering it was amusing, partly because the sound quality on my old phone is bad, and partly because I am not from Chicago. I called up the haulage company and said "Hah, Ah wanna rentacan" in my SoCal NewJersey housewife accent, and the guy on the other end said with his Fargo accent, "Ya wanta renta cat?" I said no, I already had a cat, thank you. He actually meant a Bobcat, the little skip loader/bulldozer for landscaping, but we established I was a repeat customer and wanted a 20 yard can and that I was going to put non-hazardous waste in it. So they brought it out this afternoon. It's quite lovely. It's like having my own Tonka Toy Dumpster.

Comments