Progress on Carpet


Ok, here is the old floor--and here is the new carpet:

I call that color "landlord's dream" because it will hide almost anything short of bleach. It's not exciting and I am fine with that. It's also not very stinky--the room smells only faintly of New Office Building, and part of that is the ceiling paint that I did last night. I have painted ceilings over new carpet and it's not fun, since you are on a ladder with a tray of paint. The easiest way I found to do it before was to put down an 8 by 4 foot piece of plywood and work on top of that--unlike a tarp, it won't slip. Also real ceiling paint doesn't splatter too much, so it's nicer to apply than wall paint. I also got the kitchen more painted, though it also needs detailing and ceiling paint. Here it is all white now:

Since I had photoshop and J wanted to see what some options looked like; I did a quick and messy mockup of the Improved Virtual Kitchen, which still has dirty dishes in the sink:

I think I want a white dishwasher, because the black one looks like a portal to another dimension, possibly containing Zuul. I also want small gold tile on the backsplash, which is tacky but I feel there should be one item that should be left to prank the next owner, like whoever put up the mirrors in the living room in 1970. And I am sure they loved the mirrors. I've gotten used to them but I really have to get the one off the door since it's broken.

The garden is doing fine, though it's getting a little out of control--I was weeding, saw a tomato coming up on it's own, got excited, and then ten minutes later absent-mindedly weeded it up. I can always plant more, I guess. Here's is how it looks now, a lot different than in March:

Stripey does not approve of home renovating--we had to move her climber and there was a lot of howling and annoyance. She also sat on the curtains.

Comments

  1. I think blogger has been losing my comments, but I don't see anything wrong with your black dishwasher. I would dearly love to send all my dirty dishes to Zuul. >.>

    Is that a giant lettuce in your garden? O_o I would be so tempted to put in a fake Audry II. Your garden is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple of coffeecups I am not willing to give to Zuul, but yes, most of the tupperware especially can go straight to Z. I think the "lettuce" is the hosta? That is a very successful plant and I need more of them. They spend the winter underground so they came back fine this summer, they do ok in sun or shade, and they make cute flowers in June/July. And thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment