The Admiral Himself


From the back:

The cravat should be tucked in--because the waistcoat gaps at the top, the cravat is covering that awkward spot. The waistcoat itself should be longer and trimmed differently--I just needed to finish in time for Halloween!Next year I may make myself a pirate wench outfit to match, and fix some of the oddities of the Admiral (and finish the breeches and buckled shoes). :D

And much too late, here is a fantastic guide for period RN uniforms:

http://cdrejohnpauljones.deviantart.com/art/Uniforms-of-the-Royal-Navy-1748-1767-52414067

Comments

  1. This is so amazing and the Admiral looks so handsome and severe!! Leo immediatly said that he wants to dress like this on his wooden wedding day (10 years anniversary). Time to save money for a US trip in 2022!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give Leo a hug for me! He would look so handsome--That style of coat makes everyone look wonderful. Perhaps to celebrate your wooden anniversary you could make him a ship to go with the costume. :D

      Delete
  2. I was super lucky--my friends in So. Jersey only lost power for a few hours, and now they are doing gas rationing, but it could have been much worse. I didn't notice much here at all out of the ordinary! And thank you for the costume compliment--if I was more organized (and better at measuring) I'd be a much better seamstress :D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a seriously awesome outfit. *__*

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's way too heavy, though--I really should have tried harder to find wool! I'm planning on making a dollie sized one, though, in a lieutenant's pattern. The dolls can't run away. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment