Who are you looking at?


Right outside the dining room window where the sewing machines are, there is a fence, and squirrels sit on this fence. I looked out yesterday and all I could see was this big squirrel butt, with a loooong tail hanging down.

And he just sat there, long enough for me to get my camera and take a couple of pictures, which seemed to annoy him. This is where he first turned to give me a look:

In other news, the Admiral costume now looks more like clothes and less like a science project:

Though every now and then, just to keep things interesting, the presser foot lever falls off the Dressmaker, and I have to open up the needle head and stuff the lever back in and put the pin back in.

I think there is a restraining plate missing in there--the needle position lever is frozen to the left as well, which is fairly useful as long as I remember to mentally adjust the seam allowance as I go. (Since the Dressmaker was free, I can't complain about it's oddities. And it does sew through 4 layers of corduroy.)

Comments