Costume Progress and Stock Roses


Now all the pieces are off the table and more or less sewn together--this still needs ironing (you can iron over the braid with a medium iron and it doesn't melt), the cuff edges finished, one lone missing button on the cuff added, two buttons put over the godet in back, and some trim added around the collar. I was planning on putting more of the Hercules Gimp braid around the bottom hem, but when I pinned it on, the whole look went from Admiral of the Blue... to Organ Grinder Monkey:

(In case you are curious, this monkey purportedly belonged to a guy named John Jay Geiger)

So I will save the bagful of gimp for other parts of the costume. If you are looking for Hercules Gimp in the Chicagoland area, I apologize; it's at my house.

I also have a leftover stock photo for anyone who needs roses--it's 2000 pixels across and could use some color adjusting and sharpening:


Link to Red Roses 2000x1500

Comments