Russian Scarf


My postman was very excited to see a package from Russia; he told me that according to Post Office gossip, it's gotten "much better" to ship things back and forth now. All I know is that the scarf came faster than I have received items from Hong Kong, so I was thrilled. And the scarf is gorgeous--a crepe de chine silk that will stay tied and not slip off, and printed in glorious colors. (I need to take a better photo when the sun is out). I still need to look up the cyrillic so I can translate the artist's name, but here is the tag:
(By cheating and looking at the www.RusClothing.com site I found out the artist is Clara Zinovieva, I had not realized on the tag the surname comes first)

and of course there is a list of Things That Must Not Be Mailed By Order of Postal Regulations on the mailing envelope:
I should sit down and translate it because eventually I will have to mail something back to Russia, and it is good to know the basics. I'm guessing it's "No Liquid, Hazardous or Fragile, Magnetic, or Explosive". Or Animal, probably.

Comments