Boy Amber (Romantic Eye)


Soom has just put up a teaser for a boy version of Amber--I have seen them done with the "classic Amber" and a boy body and they are cute! He has narrower eyes and it looks like more upright ears, which I like a lot. You can compare the teaser with this photo of the classic:

I had this girl briefly, but discovered all over again that fantasy ears above a certain size are not for me, and sold her to someone who really, really wanted her... and who would not accidentally break off an ear during a photoshoot. (I was saved from this fate by the fact that Amber was on the couch when I was fooling with her dress, and faceplanted into a cushion.)

So as a replacement for Amber, I finally broke down and bought....

This girl:

Yes, Goldie herself. I'm sure she has a "real name" but Cat named her Goldie from the photos and the name is sticking--this is indeed Beachgirl's Golden Beryl. Beachgirl decided she had too many dolls (is that even possible?) and decided to clear out a little, and Goldie has been sitting on the MP for ages, which I found baffling. Yes, she has some fading in the chest and she isn't the first issue (she's the kit version), but still! She is The Golden Beryl! So she is coming here some time next week and I need to clear a spot for her as well as find her some suitable clothing.

Comments

  1. This might be the only amber I need ToT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he's going to be adorable! I love his ears--I think the wigs will fit better on those ears than over the old Amber ears. Luckily I have plenty of guys so I am not even tempted--but I will enjoy his owner photos!

      Delete
  2. wow the boy amber version looks stunning in the promo, I can hardly wait to see more! Too bad I can't buy anything DX.........

    Congrats on getting Goldie, I love her style :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he's going to be popular ! I bet you can get one if you wait a year or so from the MP, and he will be cheaper too. Just remind everyone to buy you the mobility thigh :D
      And thank you too!

      Delete
  3. Goldie is gorgeous! Now Sophie has a sister! I can imagine the fabulous photos they will make.

    Raj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat says that Sophie and Goldie can mud wrestle for the jewelry and I said *certainly not*! Hehe! There might be wig-pulling, though...

      Delete
  4. Do you think he will ever be available again? Seriously depressed that I missed his order date. He's become my grail because he's so gorgeous ahhhh(´。• ω •。`) ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soom seems to be on a two-year reissue cycle, so I wouldn't give up! Amber seems to be one of their favorites as well :D

      Delete

Post a Comment