Strawberry Cake


K and I went off to have fun at Akutenshi7's house,(so much fun, and Akutenshi amazed me with a bag of gorgeous wigs, a hat, AND A PAIR OF SHOES and boots:o. Thank you again!!) And J stayed home and baked a cake; basically a strawberry trifle, but less wet. Here he is just before putting it in the refrigerator,so it could set and chill for a while

Unwrapping it:

Getting out a slice: (harder than it looks)

And a piece of cake!

I'm not sure any of this cake will be taken by J to work this week...

Comments

  1. OMG, put a food pr0n warning! LOL! That looks too delicious for delicate minds. NSFW in many cases!

    What sort of filling is the cream? Recipe? *big wibbly puss-n-boots eyes*

    Raj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's whipped cream and mushed up strawberries with gelatin and sugar, and vanilla cake in between (using cake flour, it makes a difference). Otherwise it's a mystery to me (I'm not really a cook, I just make food "not raw").

      Delete
    2. Hubby's mum was a domestic goddess: Everything she cooked was either a bloody sacrifice or a burnt offering. (bah-damp-bamp!) The first time he was over for dinner, he thought the chicken wasn't fully cooked because it wasn't burnt to ruins.

      It looks fabulous. I want to lick the screen!

      Raj

      Delete
    3. Licking the screen is Tama's job :D It's even better the next day!

      Delete

Post a Comment