I had this Delf body that was structurally sound, but had all kinds of scratches, chips, and a really well done but IMO unfortunate breast removal...I have had it explained to me that you can't buy genderless bodies, and people like the posing of the Delf bodies. But I think it throws off the proportions of the Delf body to remove the breasts-- and you can always buy a cheap boy body and mod it.. well, anyway, this body needed a lot of work. and I thought if I made it a robot/cyborg thing the dent and scratch part of it would be OK.

If you are going to use iDyePoly, you will need:

--Paper towels already torn off and put where you can reach them fast, in a pile. Lots of them
--mask off your drainboard and ceramic sink

--Safety goggles or glasses--you will be working with a giant pot of splashy dye. Boiling dye. You       don't want that in your eyes.

--A giant cheap Goodwill pot in good condition, especially the bottom and the handles--you don't want the weight of the dye to pull off a handle or the bottom to fail, nor do you want to eat out of it ever. :p The full dye pot is *heavy*.

--scissors to open the dye packet
--some sort of timer
--a strong dowel to hold the body parts up across the pot
--a throwaway wooden spoon and an emergency ladle to rescue feet or hands that come loose
--cotton string
--wire for small parts (optional but helpful)
--cheap food service gloves (I like these better than the big rubber ones, you have more use of your fingers)
--a fan and open windows because the dye smells like a paper factory in August.
--a block of two hours to do the thing
--pets need to be occupied elsewhere, same for kids
Don't fill the pot up all the way at first--do about 1/3 and get the dye packet to dissove. the "dissolvable" packet doesn't always really dissolve and may need to be fished out, though it's tricky because you are feeling around in a swamp to find the bits. It took me about 20 prep minutes to get the dye not-lumpy. Then I filled up the pot to about 2/3 and let the temperature come back up to a simmer. LORDY THE SMELL.

Someone who does not cook installed that microwave.

--I got the color I wanted in 25 minutes, 15 minutes of active stirring, ten resting with the heat turned off but still on the burner.  It takes almost an hour for the pot of dye to cool down, so just let it sit even after you pull out the parts. I put a box under the parts to get them from the stove to the sink, because they dripped the whole way.

Here is the sink with parchment paper taped around--Soft Scrub will get dye out if you don't let it sit, but it's easy to miss drips and I thought this would cut down on random blue spots. (I once dyed a bathroom floor in an apartment pink because I did not realize linoleum loves dye. Luckily the landlord "Mr. Frank Zee" bulldozed the place for an office building after I left, so he did not care. He also made an insane amount of money flipping that place from a 1930's cottage court to a steel and glass tall building. I might have even gotten my security deposit back.)

After I rinsed the pieces I dried them with paper towels and laid them out on some more towels on a workbench:

The dye isn't even--there are things you can do to make the dye set more evenly by sanding the doll all over and pre-warming the resin in hot clear water before lowering it into the dye bath, but all that is tedious and I like the uneven look of the dye. You can also blush over the dye afterwards.

I put some pearl powder on her because pearl powder makes everthing better (or at least sparkly)

Some beginnings of circuitry. I thought that my Android Mei head would go on this body, but surprisingly her head was visually too large. I blame the lack of boobs :p Well, that and the color contrast:

I now have a sullen Souldoll Swinte on the body, and she is the right size, but she needs cyborg hair (and probably a better faceup:

That's a scary little woman. I kind of like it :D