The Dark Arts Take A Surprising Amount of Tacky Glue


This goofy project started with Arekushia, Cat and I all agreeing that one of the best things about the Soom Idealian Elloa was her Giant Spell Book:

However, the book wasn't offered for sale and even Elloa wasn't up for long--I have only seen two, ever, and Arekushia owns one of them. But Arekushia is dissatified with Elloa, because instead of looking like this:

She came like this, without all the goodies and glamour and NOT EVEN EYES :

My theory is that if Arekushia put eyes in her and sent her off for a faceup, she'd be just gorgeous, but baby steps. :D Also hair. A girl needs her hair. I figure I will sneak over a spell book, and maybe a dress that Arekushia can put on someone else if she really can't make friends with Elloa, and sooner or later Elloa will be able to sit with the regular crew instead of the Ebay crew.

  The spell book so far is a hot mess, but it makes me laugh. I took an Empire magazine to make the base pages, because the paper is thin and I figured I could get a needle through it. Next time I will just print the pages I want, and find my small paper punch and do it that way, and also take a look at the directions on how to make the binding/back cover nicer. But right now my task is to cover all the auto ads I missed :D

Trim is also my friend:

So far the outside is just plain velvet; I am going to go tomorrow to Michael's and look for filigree corners, etc.


Comments

  1. You can use a paper awl to poke the holes before you sew the signatures. The book looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even think of that and I own one! At least my second one was better :D

      Delete

Post a Comment