Designs by Jude Doll Patterns


Although I do make my own doll patterns, it's a tedious and messy affair. I saw that Vermont Chick often sews with patterns by Designs by Jude, and I happened to see this pattern in my Etsy feed, so I thought I would check it out.  Tamara Casey ("Jude") drafts patterns and then adjusts them up and down to fit different dolls, so if you see a pattern you like for a doll you don't have, keep looking--chances are good there is your size in there, mixed in with the Tonners and other fashion dolls. I will say that these are not for basic beginners--you need to be familiar with how patterns work; there are directions, but they are brief-- and text only...


 ....which I have never been good at following (I use the drawings in commercial patterns to see what is going on). That said, this pattern is pretty simple and the only tricky part is fitting the bust, since the pattern is for the old EID that had one bust option. I'm planning on sewing a test version with no lining, and fitting it inside out to see if the bust will fit correctly. Some of her other patterns look a lot more complex.

 I will post any sewing I do at the bottom of this post--I might work on it this weekend, but it depends on how much other work I get done. I must say that I went from ordering it, to having the pattern in hand in about three days, which was fabulous!

Comments