Iplehouse Old SID body and Iplehouse New SID body

I happened to have Marilyn (Iplehouse Jessica SID) out to try on some of her Halloween costumes, (which is why she has "hat hair" here). I thought it would be fun to compare her with my new SID  Vera, "Rose". Iplehouse has it's own comparison shots on their site (log in and go to "Iple BJD"), they have all their bodies photographed side by side on there. Marilyn's White Skin SID body was under someone at Vermont Chick's, and then I hybrided it on the rolling Jessica head I bought in 2012, so she isn't the standard EID Jessica. The old SID body is still pretty heavy, the newer one is a few ounces lighter and certainly slimmer, even not counting the smaller bust size I bought for Rose. Rose is a Pinky Normal.

The most obvious difference between the two bodies is the knee and elbow joints.  Here is a closer photo of the two elbow types:

The two girls have different ankles--Marilyn has the old, terrible ankles, Rose has a normal ball joint that fits into the shaped ankle hole. Rose can actually point her foot somewhat:


(Both of them need their toenails done) :D

Here are the hands--the smallish hands are the basic NYID hands--Iplehouse liked them so much they  now put them on all the girls as a standard, but I find them a little small for the EID size. I am not sure what Iplehouse does for the HID size. I actually like the old hands because they go into clothing sleeves easily.

Rose needs her nails done as well.

Here you can see the difference in head size--Rose has a small head and Marilyn's is one of the larger ones--I would never try to put a Jessica head on the NYID body, for example, but EID Asa looks fine as a small woman.

Even without the mobility thigh, Rose is a good poser. I did prop both of them for this photo because I couldn't grab them both at the same time if they fell over.

I could probable get Marilyn to do this with less propping, but she is very loose. I still need to hot glue Rose's ankles, too. They are both so fun--like all my dolls, they need more clothes and some small finishing touches, but they are such satisfactory dolls. I am glad to have them!

Comments