J Keeps Busy


J is a fly fisherman so between doing work stuff, he tied a lot of flies. I love this because he collects a lot of tiny stuff to make the flies, and I steal beads and feathers for the dolls:

I also made something between working on the computer, a belated Christmas present for JennyNemesis; it's a pleather collar for one of her dolls. I wasn't sure of the fit (Bird is modelling because he's the closest in size that I have)so I made it in two parts, which means it will fit mostly but it won't look as nice as if I had the original Volks doll in hand. (JennyNemesis and I don't have a lot of overlap in our collections except for one lone Iplehouse size):

Here's the back:

The material is from the purse that PayPal killed. To be honest, I was having trouble with the lining of the purse sticking in the zipper before PayPal duplicated a transaction, but then the credit card company called and wanted me to prove I had tried to run it through PP and that I had the card in my posession, and of course with the security rep on the line the zipper jammed an inch from the edge of the purse, so I couldn't even get a finger in it, and I had to go with the cell phone, get scissors, and disembowel the purse while the security person is ROFLMAO'ing on the other end of the line. However, they did turn my credit card back on. And the purse pleather is so nice to sew with I might go back to Target and spend another 16.00 for some doll boot material.

Comments

  1. LOL, thank god I'm not the only one who looks at an old purse while cleaning and out and thinks...nooo, I'll keep that for doll shoes. The trick is to reduce the purses to their fabric bits and ziplock them. I'm too lazy for that as yet.

    What is it with purses, linings and zippers? Apparently anyone can pick them, but when we need to get at important things, zing! it's stuck!

    That collar looks awesome. And very conceptual. A bondage collar made from a purse, representing the 'married man' and all the fall out from standing around in the mall while his woman spends every penny. (Just had to play at art critic for a lark there ~_^).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have many purses (three right now, counting the pleather factory), but I do have the remains of a brown one that is way more useful as parts than it ever was as a purse. I think I am going to start looking for purses with a lot of hardware stuck on them too. :D
      Your art critic makes that collar sound expensive..I like it!

      Delete

Post a Comment