Baby Iplehouse Doll in Person

Well, I had a rule about "no tinies". And now I have three, though one is just a head so far. This is an Iplehouse Bonnie, and she is as cute as a bug :D I am used to getting giant boxes from Iplehouse, so this was a nice change:

The truth is that they could have shipped her in a box 1/2 as tall--look inside:

The actual BID box is quite reasonable--you could fit it in a suitcase if you wanted to do a ambitious, faraway photo shoot:

Like most tiny dolls, Bonnie is a superb stander:

I thought I was being prudent in buying tights, a shirt and a wig so she would have something right away to wear, unlike all the other naked people here right now, but things didn't quite work out that way. The wig was beautiful and well made, but it looked a little..I don't know, like it belonged on a teenager and not a baby? (This was on me for choosing it, not Iplehouse).

However, I remembered that the Souldoll Vito Freya wears a size 6 wig--maybe they could swap?

Heck yeah! Freya thinks that shirt looks pretty good for her,too-- but I was sure it wasn't going to fit around her shoulders.
 It turns out that BID shirt is supposed to either go over Bonnie's head, or have me take her head off, neither of which is acceptable. Please, people who sew for dolls, make it so I don't have to pull anything over a dolls head, and if you MUST, please put in snaps on the back or the front so the hole is huge enough it touches nothing going on. I have a huge pile of otherwise gorgeous clothes that I have to alter so that head removal isn't necessary. I also don't like taking hands off; stretchy sleeves are awesome.

Oh noes, Bonnie has sturdy shoulders that are larger than a standard tiny. This adorable dress was for a Bambicrony--apparently Baby Iplehouse Dolls are larger than the Bambicronys. This one really made me sad, this little blue dress-- it is so cute and would have looked so nice on Bonnie:

Bonnie says "Pretend I am a paper doll?"

So I cut open the tank top, and I will finish the edges with bias tape and snaps. I put on a gray skirt that had an elastic waist, and took a quick "dressed" photo, though I realized at the end that I should have bought..shoes. Anyway, here she is!

She needs more clothes--Iplehouse has very little right now for this size; they seem to be focusing on the FID line instead. I need to figure out some shoes for her, too! Those are some tiny feet!







Comments