Cat's Finished Book, A Portrait of Raisin, a Book for Dollhausen

All done! The trim is just wrapped around, I think I should have sewn it to the cover fabric at the start, but I didn't think of it until the cover was all glued down. Those corner things are awesome, they bend easily and really neaten up the corners. I'm going to make one more for Dollhausen; way back a few years ago he made me the most awesome dollie coffin ever-- but the only dolls that would fit were not vampires and refused to sleep in it, so I converted it to a couch. But I have gotten so much use out of it I would love to make him a book. He's got a whole crew of Edward Gorey dolls over at his place in Seattle, so they could use at least one grimoire and maybe more ;) He also has an Ausley Love so beautiful that I am rethinking my opinion of the Ausley head. (Dollhausen has Alexis in a large wig), and Ausley just looks great as a creeper:

I don't know if he paints them himself, but I am guessing yes. I'm going to see if I can get the Fractal Forge Engraving filter to make a woodcut of Alexis and then tuck it into Dollhausen's book. There is lots of other material around (Pinterest is my friend). Check out this bat jewelry:

And speaking of vampires, I took Raisin out of the closet for some fresh air--I have a pile of fabric I have been meaning to convert into a dress for her, but Arekushia sent me such a pretty silver dress a while back Raisin has been in it ever since; and now I have two other naked people that need clothing asap, so Raisin might have to wait a bit longer.

It's hard to believe that she was once a much more lavender color, but I haven't made a big effort to keep her in her box, since she gets played with quite a bit. Here she is new:


I should really replace her eyelashes! :o
Raisin is Raisin because Migma was the "Rauco of Sin" and purple in the promos. Raisin had a name before I was even able to find her on the second-hand market. :D Soom promo pic:



I ended up redoing her faceup because when I looked closely I saw that it was starting to flake off, so I got a start on it -- it still needs some tweakage.

The original has more shading on the eyelids, for one thing. But it's clean and there is brand new msc on there!




Comments

  1. Raisin is so pretty!! Loving the new layout of the site too :) and the book!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you can comment again! Something about how I had the old layout locked people out. I actually had to redo Raisin today because when I looked at her closely I realized her msc was flaking off..and she really did need new lashes. She looks pretty close to the old Raisin, but less skeptical now :D I'll post up a pic tomorrow. And thank you!

      Delete

Post a Comment