The (Barely) Blue Boy

This is the dyed Impldoll body that I bought from FirecrackerSparks , and it's a good body--it's strung well and has no bad habits as far as I can tell, besides the usual problem of slippery bare feets (socks fix this). Originally he was orange, probably pretty close to the peach color of the Antares head I plan to put on it, but the blue dye dip greyed him out a little to a pleasant tan with some bluish areas.

If you look closely you can see the blue around the joint cuts, since the edges took the dye a bit more.

I have no idea what color he was originally--maybe the UV resistant normal? I'd have to pull him apart to check, and I'd rather not since his stringing is pretty ideal. The body doesn't match the head, but there will be tattoos and things to bridge the visual gap, and he will be fun to paint.

I did other things today--you can buy 4 foot LED bulbs to swap out conventional fluorescent tubes, at a fraction of the wattage, so I did that for a basement light, and I spent some time in the Verizon store, trying to remove a device from an account. I had to use the store phone and call corporate to do it, and wait 25 minutes on hold. I guess Dante missed the Verizon circle of hell on his travels, but in the end I think it was successful. I'll find out in a month when the bill comes. It's a good thing that Verizon has supreme coverage, because in other ways they are not user friendly.

I also made some more eyes, including new ones for my Souldoll Vito Freya, who is grey and petite and cute as a bug's ear. Here's a bad photo in the dark:

Sculpey, glitter and Dimensional Jewel-it stuff. I have a mold now for corneas, I need to try it when it's less humid. I did take a good photo of the moon:

That was from the Costco parking lot. Here is what is behind Costco:





Comments