Black Craft Foam Thorn Crown

So I was wasting time on Pinterest instead of working, as one does, and I saw this image:

This was made of thin leather, but right away I thought : "Craft foam!" Well, and some paint and wire too. :D
Pinterest also had this cool thing. I would make the rose out of ribbon, or maybe wire and tissue.


I found the craft foam and the scissors and got to work.

I had help.

I found some 26 gauge thin florists' wire and some Elmer's glue and wrapped the wire with the tissue Stripey is so conveniently slicing up. (By the way, the cat gets to do whatever she wants. She is 13 years old.) Mostly she just watches.

How about some puffy paint details?

Painted with Liquitex liquid acrylics (the thin stuff is easier to get into the folds). Spraying outside  with acrylic spray would have been more efficient, but I would have had to buy the spray and wear a respirator.

Here it is with some tiny plastic rhinestones and hot glue spider webs. The downward thorn is a problem for Raisin, my Soom Migma--I wasn't sure if she would wear it or someone smaller would, but I like it on Raisin so I will probably snip it off and add some lace around the bottom to even it out.
It only took about 2 hours to make and it was pretty fun! It also weighs nothing.


Comments