The Creeping Moon/Anima Mundi Tarot



The presentation of this deck has to be The Best Ever. It was a gift, so the look of the box made it even more fun, since I had no idea what was inside--it was the literal Black Box:


The deck itself is plastic laminated, so you can shuffle it (carefully) and wipe off fingerprints as needed. I just like looking at it--the deck is a play on the Anima Mundi (Spirit of the World) title to be all animals:



Card backs, and small booklet--the artist assumes you are familiar with the basics, so the book is brief. Card edges are metallic, sort of a pewter? The art is delightful:




The only deck I have ever seen with a Salamander :D


The deck came from Etsy, and there is other stuff, and a nice bio of the artist:

About me
I had a very nerdy childhood spent reading science books, doodling and writing stories. I am a self-taught artist. I learned by reading an extensive amount of online tutorials and drawing my favorite anime/video game characters. I had briefly taken art lessons around the age of 10, and even then when my teacher asked us to draw flowers, I instead drew unicorns and space aliens instead. 

I primarily work with acrylic paints, occasionally dwelving into digital and once in a blue moon, gouache. I started this shop in 2012 while I was in college, and it's been an amazing ride ever since.

My prints are all created by me out of my home in Seattle, WA. Each finished piece undergoes rigorous color correction and testing, to make sure that the colors print as accurately to the original as possible. I make the prints with my very awesome Epson fine art printer. Additionally I package, prepare and ship out everything that you see in my shop by myself. 

Thanks for reading!
Megan Wyreweden
For me, this is another "art deck" fun to look at as a inspiration source, but not for reading--though if you felt a connection with animals and liked to work with them, this could be an ideal deck.  Also anyone who draws unicorns and space aliens is OK with me. :D


Comments