Soom Verna and Auber, and a good Medium article on Mental Health




There are much better photos here--I was just trying to grab one that showed them together. They are quite small, the size of the original Uyoo Elf mini gem and the fairies; Auber was originally a smexy Storm Sprite with wings:
https://dollsoom.com/eng/shop/item.php?it_id=1303809521
You can actually recreate that Storm version of him somewhat--they are offering him in White or Gray (white is the default) with the human body, or the merman tail. You would still need to make the Storm Outfit from scratch, buy some artist wings, and find a tiny silvery wig. I've never liked the Fairy Legs in any version, because while it may be practical to float in Fairyland, here on Earth a doll has to stand on the shelf.

 Looking at the options quickly, I am not sure how you can order a doll with both the legs and the tail (and if you can afford it that would be the way to go, because I know from experience as cool as the tail is, eventually you get tired of propping the guy up and want legs for him.) As a human, he is relatively inexpensive but the outfit and faceup do add up--and you will probably want the wig and eyes as well. The eyes are tiny, 8 mm, and the wig equally tiny.
Verna has always been a mermaid--I really like her head coral horns but it's unclear if they come with the human version. Here is Original Verna:
https://dollsoom.com/eng/shop/item.php?it_id=1438916140

This page is great because you can really see the tail and how it's jointed, and how the human body looks. I'm guessing they sort of retrofitted her tail to Auber.

If I hadn't been on a doll binge this summer, I would be so tempted--these little guys are so well made, and Auber is one of the few boy dolls at Soom that I really like. The new faceups are good too--original Verna looked a little underpainted to me. This version is a little more robust, and she is so cute in her outfit:

Awwww!

------------------

I have a subscription to Medium, but I think they let you read a few articles for free--this is one of the best articles I have read there, maybe anywhere.
https://medium.com/@devonprice/laziness-does-not-exist-3af27e312d01

Comments