New Dollshe Female Body and Old Dollshe Female body, a small review


On the left is Mr. Dollshe's first girl (I think it was his first!), Ausley Love. Her certificate card says that she was made in October of 2014, and interestingly, lists out all the people who put her together; which I think is a nice touch. She is wearing the Small Bust (she also came with a Medium Bust and a Glamour Bust) and flat feet--she also had the usual heel feet included. If you click on the photo you can make it bigger, it's easier to see the difference in sculpting between the two bodies that way. She also has a "sleeping head" with it's own certificate, and a plate on the back of her head that says Dollshe. It's just superglued in, so of course it fell off in transit and I had to dig for it. Instead of glueing it back on, I put it with the certificates.

The body on the right is an Amanda Beauty body, and I just have her certificate number and not the date of issue. She is a lot larger overall, taller and with larger hands and feet. You can't swap parts between them, so it's good to check before you buy spare parts like legs or busts. Instead of heel feet, Amanda seems to have heel legs--which I love for boots and for being more stable than the heel feet.The most noticeable change is the "ribcage joint" has become a Bust Joint. This gives her a little more side to side mobility and I think looks better in bathing suits and midriff tops. The head on her is Sicktress' Deesse, which is a Big Head and needs a substantial body (An Impldoll Idol works too with some neck modding)

Both have identical resin--it's heavy and a little "gritty" feeling, more like porcelain than resin. Between that and the little silicone nubs installed in the body, they both are solid standers and good posers, though I am going to suede the inside of Ausley's shoulders. I could just tighten her arms, but for the sake of her joints I would rather wire and suede and not put too much pressure on them. The color is "Pure" according to the color chart on the site (they have a million colors with confusing names, people seem to buy either Pure, Fresh (sort of NS) Oriental (vaguely like Realskin) or Tan.

Overall these dolls have a really luxurious presentation, and the one time I ordered directly from the company I received the doll in two months, which is like being hit by a comet, the odds are so long.
I had an Erica Snow in tan, and while I liked her, I had bought her thinking I would have her be a specific character-- which she was not :D Dolls are so uncooperative. She was lovely, though. The Phillipe Grant I got directly from Dollshe was a work of art, but he was too big--it was like having a dead man on the table when I would be trying to get his shoes on, and I think he weighed nine pounds. He also had a silly little head.

In defence of Ausley's head, she does look really great modelling clothes--she has some of the proportions of a fashion model.

Comments