The Owl Sweater


The sweater was created by Kate Davies Designs and is available as a digital download on Ravelry, if you want to knit your own..the page says that there have been over 6000 owl sweaters knitted, but I think that is counting sales, not completed sweaters--I bet a lot of them are half-done in a ziplock somewhere.

I would know. I spent most of today not doing doll things, but trying to fatten up a virtual spider on a template. the spider ended up looking bloated like Violet Beauregarde on the color map-- but still renders out like one of those slender garden spiders. :p Maybe I need virtual flies.

Comments

  1. 5911 owl sweaters *finished*; 1121 in progress, 220 hibernating (i.e. in ziplock bags somewhere), 267 frogged. Want one? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I just need the same size as you would wear. I love the grays and browns and if you do make it, use the cheap, slightly stretchy Lion brown or gray acrylic. I am in love with that stuff! But aren't you working on other stuff? (peers into bags). :D

      Delete
    2. I think I forgot to hit "publish" last night. I said:
      I have 14 unfinished projects that I can find, not counting bead projects. There is a reason for their unfinishedness - I got bored. The owls look interesting. We'll see what happens.

      Delete
  2. This thing is awesome! It's cables and round knit to the pits, I'm surprised with the hibernations, it's fairly simple! I'd watch that tight armpit though.

    I wonder what frogged means? Thrown into the pond for the predators?

    Raj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is from the term "Rip it..rip it..rip it" , unravelling the knitted project :D It's rated 4.5 stars out of 5 for difficulty so that is why people bagged it, I bet.

      Delete

Post a Comment