Translucent and Opal Sculpey...and Feather Eyelashes

I almost forgot to put this up--I made some feather eyelashes from black craft feathers; the look is very dense and like false eyelashes, it works ok for Lenore (Iplehouse Bliss) because she is supposed to be a goth chick, but they are fussy to make and tend to flop and shed. (Ignote the purple makeup, I need to adjust it a little. The eyebrows are just what they are, too.

I also took an hour last night to mess with my translucent "effect" Fimo and some opalescent special effect Sculpey. The opal looks the most convincing if you can roll it thin, and use a push mold to make it smooth. A top coat of the Sculpey glaze looks good too. I made some eyes with the translucent Fimo and you need to cook it at 250, not 265 on my Black and Decker toaster oven, for 18 minutes. Longer and it turns yellow. The Fimo cookable glaze is still a fail, and I am about to give up on it. The transucent eye whites turn out to look too dark in eyewells, because it's dark in the heads. XD However, I think I might be able to make some nice fake "jade" with it.


Comments