Found in My Photobucket

I haven't looked in my Photobucket account for probably three years--I sort of forgot I had it, to be honest, since I use Flickr and Imgur, or my own paid hosting site (fiftymegs/United Online). I also have stuff on Deviant Art and CGSociety and probably a small proto Space Art site that still exists somewhere. There is probably embarassing "art" of mine floating around on cached alt.binaries.poser as well. It's hard to keep track. But since Photobucket decided to charge for linking photos to third party sites, I thought it would be a good idea to go look in the Bucket and see if I had anything externally linked, and it turns out that I don't. But there were some golden oldies in there, including this one of my gray cat "not being on the table"
("I'm on a towel, not the table")
There were some doll photos that I had forgotten about too:

The very first Hyacinth the Barbarian! She was a Nanuri 08 on a delf body that was dyed? Blushed? It was a terrible tint job, in any case. Here is a photo of when EVERYONE fit in one spot. Those days are long gone:

Here's my old SooRi/Fantasy Doll boy and the gray cat chilling in the back yard:

K in Japan(last on right) ( and in Nara, to be exact--the Japanese students had fun dressing up the Americans, though K's height and figure were a challenge to cram into the appropriate dress):

I found this photo and realized that this is my aesthetic--it was taken when I was repainting the Jersey house for sale, and fixing all the stuff we had ignored for twenty years:

Dolls and flowers piled up on a huge heap of Home Depot products, cords everwhere. Compare with this one taken three days ago:

I wish I had handier dolls--they could get into the spaces I am having trouble reaching!

Proving that no one's pants fit when you are on your hands and knees working....

Anyway, it was a fun visit, though I doubt I will ever be using Photobucket in the future, since I don't feel like paying what they are apparently asking to hotlink offsite (399.00 per year)


Comments

  1. lol re. pants and so not the table. love the cat on the couch on the couch! btw minibliss is on shipping - can you believe it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, it's only been what..two months?? I'm dying to see her--all those FID people are like little jewels! I will keep an eye on on your Flickr!

      Delete
  2. 2.5 weeks! I wonder if they pre-make a certain number or have some sort of awesome priority mfr contract. Super cool in any case. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa..they MUST have made them up ahead to be that fast; did you get her painted?

      Delete
  3. very tempted but no. I also want the big and little vers to sort of match. oh congrats on vinyl boy. sorry about the falling limbs but he looks super cool! can't wait to see what you do with him! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's going off to Sicktress so she can play with him! Vinyl is not my thing, it turns out, and I should have remembered. Kind of a shame since he's so pretty,but at least Granado still does the resin guys!

      Delete
  4. Oh :( So sorry he didn't work out! My reference doll collection started with Dollfie Plus and a couple of obitsu SD heads. Udell reminded me their (justifiable) need for bodies. The frame is very intriguing but yeah I like resin better too. Hopefully your vindoll will have fun with Sicktress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still think those Dollfie vinyl girls are adorable, I just don't like to handle them (I'm so weird). I think Sicktress will use him for drawing practice, which he is perfect for!

      Delete

Post a Comment