Homemade Eyelashes


These are super sloppy--I just took some feather fluff, lined the fluff up on a piece of parchment paper (wax paper works too) and spread some polymer medium across the lower edge.

Once it dried, I trimmed the feathers and the polymer strip to the size I wanted (you really just need enough polymer to hold the strip together until you can glue the lashes down on the doll; I try to get the tiny strip inside the eyewell before I glue it down. That way the polymer doesn't show and if it is a problem for the fit of the eyes, I can take an Xacto and trim it off entirely on the inside.

If you want nicer lashes, make a pile of hairs, or feather bits on one side of the paper, make a line of polymer about 3 inches long (that way you will have extra lash in case part of it fall apart, or dry crookedly) and then with a pair of tweezers, carefully set each hair down in a neat row on the wet polymer strip. Personally I haven't done it that carefully yet, though I should since even the sloppy lashes look better than the commercial ones, IMO. Here's Gideon and his fluffy lashes (which need another trim--his eyes area bit uneven and the lashes aren't helping)

Comments

  1. He's looking incredible, I'm just waiting to see him complete.

    Raj-nonymous ~_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's so fun--he's heavy, though and I need to wire his arms!

      Delete

Post a Comment