Soom Dia


I ordered her back in August, because I could see that Soom was gradually letting the "always available" Special Order dolls dwindle away, and I decided that if I messed around too long and didn't get a Dia I would kick myself later, since she is the last of the older Soom girls that I don't have. I also blame Sicktress and her boy Dia "Haru" for making me fall in love with the sculpt. Dia does make a gorgeous boy. So here she is--I got the shipping notice on the 17th and she is here TODAY. I think at this point someone at customs at O'Hare knows what these doll boxes are and just tosses them into the outgoing bin "for that crazy doll lady in the suburbs". Here is the box:

I keep the shipping manifest now with the Certificate of Authenticity, though I also write what doll it is on the shipping papers, since Soom just marks them "doll" and I tend to forget which doll came when (a terrible thing to admit). Here is the inside of the box with some of the wrapped feet still resting in there:

Dia's little head:

The inside of Dia's head--if you are buying any Soom head second-hand, you want to see this stamp inside the head, between or just above the eyes. The headcap itself says "Dia" on it in handwriting.

I also put a sticky note in the package with the certificate and care guide with the date and my Soom username, so if I resell her the next owner can check the serial number. There is a place on the sidebar of the Soom website where you can enter the certificate number and get the information about the doll to be sure it's authentic:

Anyway, here are the Dream Ripper horns that I ordered with her, and they are amazing.

Just a horn:

And now Dia herself, with her wig, eyes and a temporary Iplehouse dress:

She is one of the largest girl heads, which is why I am glad they offer her on the larger old body; I think she might overwhelm the smaller New Body. But she's so pretty, even blank!

Comments

Post a Comment