Wednesday Projects


Just Gideon with no hair--I need to make him some kind of off-the forehead paperclay headdress, but I haven't come up with a design yet I like. Here's a shot showing his original color--I think he was from when Impldoll was casting in French resin--it's pretty, but also slick and rock hard. I'm glad the gesso stuck as well as it did.

The Sugarable body is interesting--I need to look up how tall it is--it's over 65 cm for sure. It has magnet hands, which I like:

It also has magnetic feet, which are bogus (they fall off).

The sculpting is really lovely and it poses well; though it needs tight stringing or wiring because of the size. The chest piece has pockets for magnets in the back, but the placement is directly under the shoulder blades, so there is a lot of resin thickness between any inner magnet and whatever wings the Genie came with. (I haven't seen how the sugarable wings work). I spent some time this afternoon rigging up a harness for the Nephelin wings, but I have to go get some neodymium mags to fit under the harness and in the wing pockets.

I also wasted a lot of time today redoing the audio on the two working computers so I can play cds and videos on this computer with good sound, since the tv speakers are sort of muddy. I should have been bagging leaves.

Comments