Iplehouse Aria


Back when I started getting interested in these dolls, in 2007, Iplehouse came out with a full set of a 60 cm girl called Harin (the "Red Harin" set), who had a fabulous gown and wig and other trailing ornaments, and I wanted her sooo much before I came to my senses and told myself it was mostly the ornaments and costume (and the tiny shoes!) that I loved.

But Harin herself was a cutie,with her little smile, and I almost bought her again in 2009 when she briefly showed up on the Den of Angels Marketplace. But she is so short now..60 cm, and most of my girls are 65, and Iplehouse's sculptors have gotten so much more sophisticated..so I didn't buy her. (BTW Harin had a slightly derpy sister called Freezia in an even more glorious pink and purple outfit, but I never could take Freezia seriously:

(OK, now I think Freezia is sort of cute in a daffy way).

Anyway, Iplehouse has now come out with a new Senior Iplehouse Doll that is 65 cm and looks a lot like a more detailed version of the smiling Miss Harin. I would do dark eyes and hair though--she looks a little odd to me in Iplehouses' Type B Western makeup. Here is the sales page:

Aria sales page

And props to Iplehouse for showing the blank sculpts now! I think it really helps people see the potential in a sculpt.

Comments