Soom rehabilitates the Wicked Witch


If you had told me that I would want a doll of the Wicked Witch in Hansel and Gretel, I would have said "No Way"...but look; she is SO COOL. And it's a pretty sculpt, even prettier if you look closely at the portraits, they painted her lips a little smaller than they really are. She looks a bit like Galena to me. Here's the blank, from a posting by Fairyspit on Den of Angels:

She comes in Gray or Baby Pink (what? That isn't Soom's Normal Pink? ;) ) and with a bewildering quantity of extras. She also is now a Good Witch, according to the promos:

"...She was a very kind person. She treated poor Hansel and Gretel with confectionery when they found her house before showing them the way back home."

Uh huh. Really, if kids came and nommed on my house, I would be out there with a shotgun full of rock salt, or maybe rock candy; but that is Soom's story and they are sticking to it. And to prove that they might be sincere about this, she has "good guy" lop ears and not the alert pointy "vampire ear" that signals a mythical bad guy:

Also, she has more of those glitter eyes, now in pink. I like those a lot, as well as the boots...Soom is killing me with these limited shoes! Anyway, then there are the cute little horns (I think I would have cast them in white, but they are good in black, and maybe they would be too much "caterpillar" in white.) Perfect wings--doll wings should all come that size, easy to pose and work with, look fabulous! There is included the regular Super Gem girl body with regular hands and feet, and a second "Romantic Eye Head" (I think that is the one with the elf ears) (Soom's text about heads always confuses me), the fancy shoe feet (a heart icon for these) the regular heely feets, fancy heart claw hands, and more.

Here are the clothes and hand options, and the broom (!)

Ordering period : from Apr. 25th to May 9th 2013

Sweet Witch Sales Page

And while I suspect she'd really take kid's hearts and roll them in sugar and put them in jars, I still kind of want her. She reminds me of the Laurie Anderson lyric, in "The Dream Before" sung by "Hansel"

"And he says: Gretel, you can really be a bitch

He says: I've wasted my life on our stupid legend

when my one and only love

was the Wicked Witch."

Comments