Seedpods, Flavor of the Day, Granado Boy Body


I had a chance not only to spray a doll head outside today, but do some yard work, planting summer bulbs and clearing out old mulch and dead stuff. I thought these seed pods were pretty and lace-like--the cats thought the dead grass and pods were a great place to roll. At least I got a photo:D.Here is the large version in case you have a use for brown seedpods:

http://gypsyreggae.com/Freebies/seedpods.jpg

We also went past Culvers while doing errands yesterday--this sounds almost good; though it was hard for the sign to top "Mint Chip Walleye". The fish combos are always my favorite.

Finally, Zelda sold me one of her 68 cm Granado boy bodies--she felt that the size was out of scale with the rest of her guys, and the torso slipped around more than she liked. I took it, took out all the kips in the joints, painted matte medium in the hip sockets (it's a little like very thin hot glue sueding) and made this crazy insert to see if it would tame the waist joint. It seems to work--it's just 4 layers of thin cardboard with two grommets set into it to hold the layers together and make a smooth surface for the elastic to run through:

This is the Nuevo body in the Normal Pink, and I really like it--it is nicely sculpted, has lovely resin (though the pink will eventually fade so it will be sort of a Dream of Doll beige, which I also like) and can be tightened the full length of the body, and has hip slots so it sits and moves well, as well as standing really well. I'm so glad Zelda was willing to sell it to me, or I would have had to wait months to save up for a new factory one! And I hope they never redesign it, waist joint and all.

Comments