The Thrift Store


(These actually came from Ross, which I also went to today to look for cheap placemats). I went to the Salvation Army, and while I prefer the secular Goodwill, I have to say the local Sally Ann has it going on. I found this:

I'm going to carefully recut it to open in the front like a vest, line the opening and do some small repairs, and then send it to K to wear for gallery openings. It's a full set--the pants were a bit damaged but I am going to pick them apart and use them for a pattern, because they look like a historic design and worth saving on paper (the set is modern and handmade). All this for 6.00.

I also got a shipping notice from Iplehouse for a doll I ordered...last Monday. I am so not ready, so I sat down this evening and cut up a nightgown that had developed a tear under the sleeve, and made the incoming Doria a tiny chemise:

I thought I had 3 months!

Anyway, here is a random bit of wallpaper of daylilies, taken when I was photographing the salwar kameez:

And here is an easier download of the larger size:

http://gypsyreggae.com/Freebies/daylily_wallpaper.jpg

Comments

  1. The secular Goodwill is getting a bad reputation for exploiting its workers. The Salvation Army has the best record of getting relief where it's needed - even better than the Red Cross. Glad you found that gorgeous clothing at SA - and it will look great on K!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tricky part will be dealing with the gauze overlay--I'm going to have to split some of that embroidery. So gorgeous! I hope the person who made it knows it's getting a second chance to be seen!

      Delete

Post a Comment