Herrick Lake, The Flea Market, and a Giant Spider


Right now Herrick Lake's outflow has a lot of duckweed. The frogs seem to like it:

There are also some really large snapping turtles--you have to look hard, but this turtle was huge--maybe a foot across (at least)

Today we met Akutenshi7 at the Kane County Flea Market, and as usual there was too much stuff to see all of it. Also the guy who got 5.00 out of me for a Catty Noir not-in-box got another 5 from me for a tiny Tiffany spoon (but it is doll sized). Here i something I did not buy and I faintly regret it:

I have no idea what they were asking for it. I also could have bought a totem pole:

It would have been a long walk to the car. This is what I did buy, not counting the food, there were more apples-- but they were eaten. It's all small stuff that would fit in my purse. (J bought a plane for woodworking but it wasn't huge either)

And in the category of huge things you can buy, they have this at Costco:

SInce it's Costco, when they say giant, they mean it:

J is willing to go back to the flea market again and I will bring the rolling suitcase again--it was awesome, because Akutenshi bought a fireplace grate and porcelain gas logs. It was pennies per pound.

Comments