Soom whyyy...


I won't lie to you, I have a lot of dolls; at this point upwards of 60, and after this summer, my long checklist of "Dolls That I Always Wanted but Couldn't Afford" has all been checked off. Now it's true there are other Den of Angels member that have more, and a few with a lot more, but they either collect tinies as well or have a room/basement/whatever dedicated to them, as opposed to a linen closet and a small clothes closet with Home Depot wire racks. And my shoes and towels. The dolls have about 4 times as many shoes as I do, by the way.

So I had decided that going forward from this September, that I was only going to buy the occasional Granado doll, because they fill me with joy (and my Granado Pancho has just done a job posing for me for a romance novel cover, so he's actually tax deductible)

Soom was still on my maybe list, though I had thought I would hold off for a few months to be sure they were able to come out of their present problems in casting and shipping. I have to say, I have bought seven full dolls directly from Soom and all of them were gorgeous; no thin resin, beautifully finished, the seams present but never excessive (because they were good casts) and the faceups gorgeous and carefully done. One of those dolls, the Bronze Cuprit, was the most perfect doll I have ever received. I don't know if that was because I was lucky, or someone at Soom likes me, or because I tend to buy at the beginning of the order period so they are still excited about the doll they are casting, but I have to say I am very happy with all my Soom dolls. The female New Soom Body (with the extra pose piece) is the best combination of aesthetics and posing I have found. So I am really, really tempted with the Special Order Soom Beryl 2015. Gray resin is a little problematic for me, but I am not sure if she is gray or maybe a tint of gray or maybe olive. Olive would be awesome. Of course, it's another doll. Mom sent me this photo:

This is Ms. Andrea Rojas, of Costa Rica, with some of her 4,500 dolls (though I see bears so I call shenanigans on that number). Ms. Rojas is also in her 70's so she has a bit of a head start on me.

Maybe if Beryl is gray I could blush her a little...

She also has as of 9/3 an option to have her on the new body with a romantic head and the Vesuvia-style feet, like this:

My timing to be poor is terrible :o Here is my own photo of a Soom Beryl head on the new body.

Comments

  1. That Beryl is looking fgorgeous and oh so tempting! I hope you get her since I'm sure I will be able to resist (or I'm hoping I can, I don't need a big girl, nope nope). But I'd love to see photos of her in your blog.
    Ate those dolls hanging from the ceiling? that's an original way to display, though a bit creepy if it was BJDs instead of bears XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes soooo tempting!!
      I don't know how you would dust dolls hanging from the ceiling unless there is a way to lower them..maybe they are on a net? I was thinking I would invest in a fire suppression system as well with all that fluff up there. ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment